Secrets of Paper
10 Commandments of a Note Holder
A Note Holder is an individual who
is currently receiving payments on a note where the Note Holder was the seller of
a property and had carried back a note to
facilitate the sale of that property. The following is a list of some of
the responsibilities of a Note Holder
- Keep Original Note in Safe Location.
- Collect the payments.
- Keep an accurate up to date Payment History with date paid
and current balance.
- Track and verify annual Property Taxes are paid current.
- Track and verify Hazard Insurance coverage is adequate and
is paid current.
- Track and verify any Liens on the property other than your
- Submit for 1098-int to the payor (borrower) by January 31st
of every year.
- Notify payor (borrower) no later than 3 months prior to any
principal reduction payment or balloon payment due.
- Observe payor (borrower) care of the property.
- If necessary, handle default situations, abandonment,
bankruptcy, assumption, divorce of payor, death of payor, IRS liens,
deficiency judgments and foreclosure proceedings quickly and accurately.
Note Holder's Handbook
How to Profit From, and Correctly Manage Your Real
Estate Note or Mortgage"
In easy to understand language, the many topics that are
discussed in the Note Holder's Handbook include the following:
How much is your note really worth?
Why record keeping is vital to your note's value
A simple technique that can avoid tax problems.
What to do when the payments are late.
What to do if the payments stop and when to foreclose
A simple step you can take to verify the safety of your
How to get top dollar if you sell all or part of your note.
The Note Holder's Handbook also includes a Handy Reference Data
area to keep all of the pertinent information regarding the note in one place
AND a simple to use Payment Record chart to keep track of the payments you have
This handbook is a must for someone
receiving payments on a real estate secured note.
Here To Order Your Copy Online Today!
Experienced, knowledgeable and professional note
buyers have signed an Ethics Pledge and uphold an industry Code of Ethics and
Conduct. Since 1991 Armstrong Capital has operated in a straightforward,
honest and fair manner... the way it should be. We invite you to
contact us if you have any
questions or concerns or if we can assist you in any way.